|Mayor Nutter checking out bike share equipment in Rittenhouse Square. Also pictured: several of the people|
most responsible for the good progress this city is making on bicycling. Can you spot them?
The local press was all over this. A gathering of said press:
- The Daily News covered Mayor Nutter's interest in bike share and the status of the project as a mayoral priority.
- Green Philly Blog recapped the Bike Share Forum.
- The Philly Post provides pertinent details on bike sharing's timeline for reaching Philly.
- Metro Philly covered the bike share demonstration that took place in Rittenhouse Square yesterday (their print edition included an egregious incorrect fact about bike laws; we're waiting for a correction).
- WHYY's Newsworks briefly covers how bike sharing works in other cities.
- Be Well Philly has nice coverage of the bike share demo and the evening forum, with a mention of the helmet vending system that received considerable attention.
- PlanPhilly covers how the Street Department's funding and capacity problems are preventing the city from expanding the bike lane network.
UPDATE: the original version of this post incorrectly identified the summit as happening on Monday. It happened Tuesday.