- Optimized bicycle and pedestrian access to the Ben Franklin Bridge walkway
- Bicycle accommodation on new rail cars
- Bike accessible shuttle services between New Jersey and Pennsylvania transit terminals over the Betsy Ross, Walt Whitman and Commodore Barry bridges
- Integrate bicycle and pedestrian access into all major bridge overhaul projects.
Philadelphia Green Ports Initiative Open House
* Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
* Seamen’s Church Institute of Philadelphia & South Jersey
* 475 N. 5th Street Philadelphia, Pa 19123
View Larger Map
For the Green Ports Initiative, WESTON is tasked with reviewing operations at DRPA, SJPC and PRPA facilities in order to recommend short term and long term alternatives for making port and transportation operations more environmentally friendly.
A second round of public meetings will be held in early 2010 during which WESTON’s proposed recommendations to further advance the Green Ports Initiative will be presented.
The Delaware River Port Authority is a regional transportation agency. DRPA owns and operates the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry and Betsy Ross bridges, PATCO, the Philadelphia Cruise Terminal and the RiverLink Ferry.