|If seen, do not attempt to ride over it. Take alternate line and contact us immediately. May answer to "Hendrick."|
Be alert, bicyclists! This emphatic winter caused a lot of damage to our roads, and rumors are flying about opportunistic "potholes" hanging out in bike lanes and attempting to pop tires or just give bicyclists a jarring bump. We have posted above a Streets Department Police sketch artist's composite of what one might look like (side note: the Streets Dept. has some really talented visual artists on staff. Maybe consider a graphic novel?).
The Streets Department has asked us to help gather the locations of these wanted potholes. So should you encounter a pothole in a Philadelphia bike lane, do not engage but please let us know about it in one of the following ways:
- E-mail to bike(at)bicyclecoalition.org, with subject line: POTHOLE
- Tweet at us (@bcgp) and use the hashtag #POTHOLE
- Post a message on our Facebook page.
- The number block of the pothole (example: "1200 block of Pine Street")
- A photo of the pothole (not necessary but helpful)