We realize our blog is read mostly by industry folks with the technical expertise and business acumen to run major metropolitan bike share systems. So to that massive audience, we want to issue a challenge:
Let's make Philadelphia the first city in the world with a bike share system built on Penny-farthings.
|Could this be Philly's bike share bike? How great would that be?|
- Parts cannot be adapted to other bikes, deterring theft.
- Strong support from the dentist and orthodontic communities.
- Inject much-needed life into Philadelphia's artisanal tweed manufacturing sector.
- "Philadelphia: Best Balance in America!" Catchy, isn't it? We can't stop thinking about it.
- Namesake corporate sponsors want their brand out there. And it will be very obvious, painfully obvious even, when someone is trying to ride a bike share bike.