It's that time of the year again - when we stand on street corners and on bridges and count bicycles!
|Did someone mention counting?|
This is our annual down-and-dirty data collection effort, which gives us a valuable snapshot of bicycle commuting trends in Philadelphia.
We need volunteers to help us collect this valuable data!
- Shifts are 90 minutes long, either 7:30-9 AM or 4:30-6PM, on weekdays. They do not happen if it's raining.
- The intersections we count are all in or around Center City, with one extra spot on Temple's Campus, two in West Philly, and two in NoLibs/Kensington.
- We also count the bridges across the Schuylkill from Spring Garden to South Street, and the Ben Franklin Bridge (on the PA side).
- Fill out this basic Google Form.
- You will be directed to a Google Doc spreadsheet, on which you should claim 1 or more bike counts (claim as many as you know you can do).
- Links to the PDFs of the Instruction Letter, Sample Form, Intersection Form, Bridge Form, and Ben Franklin Bridge Form can be found below.
- Before your designated bike count, please read the Instruction Letter and take a look at the Sample Form. Things are a little different from last year.
- Print your forms (2 per shift) and go forth and count bikes!
- Return completed forms via e-mail, mail, fax, carrier pigeon, bike courier, or hand-delivery to Katie Monroe as soon as possible.
- As a thank you, we'll send you a $5 gift card to Mugshots Coffee!
Questions? Concerns? Want to express your unbridled enthusiasm about the fact that it's BIKE COUNT TIME again? Don't hesitate to reach out to Katie by e-mail or phone (215-242-9253 x310).