The Pennsylvania Senate's SB1 includes:
- A multi-modal fund of $80-$150 million annually, to which bicycle and pedestrian projects can apply for funding;
- An annual minimum of $2 million of that fund which will be spent on bicycle and pedestrian facilities;
- The broadening of this funding to include pedestrian safety projects, streetscape & lighting;
- A finding that describes Pennsylvania's comprehensive transportation system to include PA's "numerous bicycle and pedestrian facilities," which will make it easier for bicycle/pedestrian projects to compete for highway funds.
You can show support in two ways:
- Join us in Harrisburg on Tuesday, June 11th at 10:00 AM. We will be rallying on the steps of the Capitol building to thank the PA Senate for passing a transportation bill that includes bike and ped funding, and for continuing to advocate for making our roads and communities safer for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Tell your legislator that you (and therefore, he or she) support dedicated funding for walking and biking pathways in the state. Click here to send an email to your state reps.
Take another step and get involved in the Walk And Ride PA campaign on Facebook www.facebook.com/walkandridepa and Twitter: www.twitter.com/walkandridepa.