|The Circuit will interconnect nine counties when complete|
- The Bicycle Coalition held six workshops in suburban PA towns, training local residents on how to become effective advocates for bicycle and pedestrian projects in their communities.
- Bucks County, Mid-Chester County, Lower Merion, and Delaware County all publicized new bicycle or greenway plans.
- We helped SEPTA, PATCO, and NJDOT create a map asking you which transit stations need more bike parking or better bicycle routes.
- A statewide push helped Pennsylvania pass a 4-foot passing law in April. This law, while it helps all bicyclists everywhere, will be especially pertinent to two-lane, shoulder-less roads in the suburban and rural parts of the state. (This could have gone under legislative highlights, but we're assuming nobody reads just one blog post here, right?)
- We convinced the Delaware River Port Authority to restore funding for a ramp on the Camden side of the Ben Franklin Bridge.
- Camden County, Burlington County, and Gloucester Counties began the process of developing bike/trail plans.
- We proposed and won a complete streets policy for Mantua Township.
- We worked with Gloucester County Planning and Engineering to map out 18 miles of new bike lanes.