The Bucks County Bicycle Master Plan will be presented this Thursday from 6-8pm at Bucks County Community College. The presenting group, the Bucks County Bicycle Task Force, needs to demonstrate strong public support when they present the plan to the Bucks County Planning Commission.
This public meeting is a critical time for Bucks County residents to attend and show that they want to see improvements to bicycling infrastructure, programming, and legislation in their county.
What: the Bucks County Bicycle Master Plan
When: Thursday, November 8th
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Location: Bucks County Community College, Tyler Hall, Rm 142 (Directions).
(The meeting is accessible via SEPTA Bus Route 130)
See below for the meeting agenda :
A presentation on the plan will include the following agenda:
- Benefits of Bicycling
- Summary of Major Recommendations
- Network of on-road and off-road facilities
- Identification of the three priority spines
- Woodbourne to Levittown
- Doylestown to New Hope
- Quakertown Trail
- Establish Connections
- Foster a Bicycle Friendly Culture
- Coordinate education programs for cyclists and drivers
- Create partnerships on bicycle education with private and public organizations
- Provide maps of "places to bicycle" and "best bicycle rides" in Bucks County
- Blueprint for Implementation
- Implementation of the three priority spines
- Development of municipal/multi-municipal bicycle plans
- Implement Education, Safety & Encouragement programs
- Short & Long Term Implementation Timeline, 3-15 years
The Task Force asks that, in addition to attending the meeting, interested people visit bikebuckscounty.com and communicate support to the County Commissioners by filling out the short survey at the bottom of the page.