Schedule of Events
- 9:00 – Arrive at City Island in Harrisburg for the ride and walk to the Capitol.
- 9:30 – Ride and walk depart from City Island for the steps of the State Capitol.
- 10:00 – Rally on the steps of the State Capitol.
- 11:00 – 3:00 – Meetings with members of the General Assembly, as schedules permit, and literature drop. We will use Hearing Room 5 in the Keystone Building as our base location.
- 12:00 – Keynote address and advocacy discussion over lunch. Hearing Room 5 in the Keystone Building.
Policy positions are available now
Are you curious about what our priorities will be next week at the Summit? PA Walks and Bikes is releasing a series of one-page policy positions that will guide our outreach. Many of them are available now. You can find our positions on important issues at these links:
Check out the PA Walks and Bikes website for even more policy statements! They will be releasing policy recommendations on the following: a fully funded bicycle and pedestrian office, distracted driving laws, and regulations impacting your community's ability to add bike lanes to state roads.
Schedule appointments with your elected officials
If you are coming to the Summit, we encourage you to make appointments with your state senator and representative ahead of time to make the most of this opportunity. If you've never done this before, check out this link for step by step instructions to get an appointment with your elected officials or their staff. If you have any questions, contact Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-856-2814 and he will help you out. See you next week!
Find Your Elected Officials
View Harrisburg Capitol Complex in a larger map