Here are the particulars:
- The construction will occur from late summer to the end of 2011.
- The area will be from Lock Street to Shawmont.
- The path will be resurfaced with 2" stone screening. The path will be between 8-10 feet wide.
- Bridges will get porous asphalt surfacing.
- There will be a new block wall south of Leverington Avenue.
- Contractor will work on the bridges first.
- Cobblestones will remain at Shawmont, but a Phila Water Department access road built last year alongside the cobblestones will be paved, providing a safer way to bike up the hill to Nixon Street.
- When the path/trail has to be closed, signs will be posted on Main Street, Locke Street and Shawmont Avenue.