What's At Stake For the Bridge in the DRPA Budget?
- A bicycle/pedestrian ramp for the South Walkway of the Ben Franklin Bridge in Camden
- DRPA has proposed $50,000 for the preliminary design of the walkway ramp.
- If approved construction may begin as early as 2012.
- If not approved project construction will be delayed
- Recent media coverage on DRPA spending makes any project vulnerable to cancellation.
Bring your bike helmet to the meeting, or ask us for a bike pin to wear on your shirt at the meeting. Bike racks are located across the street from One Port Center at the Camden Children's Garden.
DRPA Board Meeting, 11th Floor
One Port Center (2 Riverside Drive)
From Philadelphia you have several transportation options to get to the DRPA Offices.
- If the weather holds enjoy a bike ride over the bridge, you'll see the yellow skyscraper from the bridge.
- A PATCO Train leaves 16th and Locust at 8:20AM and arrives at Broadway Station in time for the 8:42 southbound RiverLINE departure to the Aquarium Station.
- PATCO Fare is $1.30 and RiverLINE fare is $1.50 buy tickets at the machine before you board each train, you need to time stamp your RiverLINE ticket-its good for two hours, which may allow for a free return.
- Return RiverLINE trains depart the Aquarium Station at :00 and :30 minutes past the hour.
- PATCO and RiverLINE Trains allow bicycles at all times
- Drive if you must, but be prepared to pay for parking plus tolls (if applicable)