The Bicycle Coalition seeks board members committed to the organization’s mission representing a cross-section of the region and the broad diversity of our stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will agree to fulfill the board member responsibilities as outlined and will have one or more of the following qualities:
- History of volunteer service and familiarity with issues of governance of nonprofits, ideally through service as an officer/trustee/director.
- Professional skills in a field of use to BCGP, such as business management, fundraising, marketing/communications, finance, human resources, law, urban/transportation planning or public health.
- Ability to bring other substantial resources to the BCGP, such as influential connections with donors, business leaders or political leaders.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend all board meetings (approximately 6 per year, 2 hours each, plus a one-day retreat)
- Serve on at least one board committee: Executive, Nominating, Development or Program (approximately 4 meetings per year)
- Monitor and evaluate organizational goals, objectives and projects
- Contribute to policy-making decisions
- Contribute a personally significant amount annually
- Establish, implement and help board and staff reach annual budget goals
- Actively participate in fundraising initiatives and special events
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15. Please take the opportunity in your cover letter to show your passion for our work and the contributions you can make to the organization.
The Bicycle Coalition is committed to providing equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.