Thursday, January 07, 2010

Report Bicycle-Incidents Directly to Philadelphia Police Districts

The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia has created a SeeClickFix map that allows anyone to report a bicycle-related incident to the Philadelphia Police District where the incident occurred. If you are harassed by a motor vehicle, experience road rage, are involved in a crash, or see a chronically blocked bike lane, fill out a report using this webtool so that the report goes directly to the Police District office and 311. Take a look at the instructions for filling out a incident report.

The reports filled out on this map are intended to document the incidents and make the Police Districts aware of bicycle-related incidents as they are occurring. The Bicycle Coalition will also receive a copy of the reports and they will be seen online at the map's webpage.

If you are involved in a crash, always call 911 and make sure an "accident report" is filled out by the responding officer.

Check out BCGP's Report a Problem page for more information on how to report other types of problems (e.g. potholes, etc.)


Dan said...

I think this is a great idea, but the map is too small and the form should be on the page next to the map instead of inside the info window. The incident reporter that was created after the assault on the bike path near Norristown had a nice interface.

Anonymous said...

This is the link wil get you to the bigger version of this map.

Dan said...

Thanks for the link to the bigger map. The link in the article for the SeeClickFix map does not link to the proper page. It links to the Bike Coalition's police report page which has a small map version of the incident reporter. It would be nice if someone could fix the link.