Lower Merion Bike Committee
1. Reminder - new location for LM Bike Committee meeting Thursday, Dec. 6, at 7 pm - Spring House, next to Bryn Mawr Community Center, which is next to Ludington Library at 9 S. Bryn Mawr Ave., Bryn Mawr - it's the little white building next to the playground - join us!
2. Recon Ride: Sunday, Dec. 9, 1:30 PM, (inclement weather date: Sunday, Dec. 16, 1:30 PM), meet at Township Building Look at proposed bike routes between villages of Bryn Mawr and Gladwyne, and also, route from Montgomery Ave./Old Gulph, past Penn Wynne & Welsh Valley Schools & Beth Am Israel & Har Zion, along Hagy's Ford Road. More routes if time allows. If you have a wheel or tape, bring it along Dec. 9 - measure the width of roads at certain points, so we can discuss how to plot improvements - striped lines, separate paths, etc.
3. For our recommendations to Board of Commissioners re: bike and pedestrian issues, please look at the overhead flashing lites/sign over the crosswalk on Rt. 30 in Ardmore (near Phila. Sport Club), and then - the lack of same at crosswalk in front of Bryn Mawr Film Institute. Let's decide if what's good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words, should there be the same protection for pedestrians crossing to get to and from the Bryn Mawr Film Institute and other Bryn Mawr locations, as in Ardmore, and should the township be requested to install the same safety lights.
4. Our book club selection: James Howard Kunstler's The Geography of Nowhere.
5. Please forward this post to friends who might be interested
That's it for now - please try to make the meeting Dec. 6, and especially the ride Dec. 9.
For more info contact Lower Merion Bike Committee Chair David Broida - firstname.lastname@example.org